Studio 2009: still in debugging mode?
Thread poster: HH Liefers
HH Liefers
HH Liefers
Local time: 17:31
English to German
Jun 16, 2009

I was just separating multiple segments one after another. Suddenly Studio interrupted my work with an error message, that made me thinking.

First, the message froze on my screen in the foreground. I had to kill the process (and my work) in the end. The error was not captured correctly by the software. The buttons did not do anything (apart from creating a "bing" in the speaker).

Second, if I look at the window title ... it looks like an advice for the programmer.
... See more
I was just separating multiple segments one after another. Suddenly Studio interrupted my work with an error message, that made me thinking.

First, the message froze on my screen in the foreground. I had to kill the process (and my work) in the end. The error was not captured correctly by the software. The buttons did not do anything (apart from creating a "bing" in the speaker).

Second, if I look at the window title ... it looks like an advice for the programmer.

After I worked an afternoon/evening with the software, my impression is: unstable, unstable. Studio hang in different situations, and there is no contact to report the bugs. In my eyes, 2009 is not yet usable for a production system. Do you have similar experiences?

Here is the message for you:

[Bearbeitet am 2009-06-16 23:11 GMT]
Collapse

Ulf Norlinger
Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Do you meet the system requirements? Jun 17, 2009

As I have understand it, the Studio 2009 is quite demanding. (especially on memory)

The error messages seem to relate to the C++ library. Check to see if you have the right (latest) C++ run-times. (those should be provided from Microsoft)

It can also be conflicting dll:s. If nothing else works, reboot - reinstall -reboot (so you get rid of the old dll:s).

[Redigerad 2009-06-17 04:44 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Similar problems Jun 17, 2009

Hi Ulf et al,
I'm experiencing similar C++ problems with approx. three crashes per day. I keep reporting those to SDL and they are dealing with them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: still in debugging mode?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »