Autor vlákna: Éric Cléach
Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:23
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
bluetooth manager Oct 18, 2007

Hello Richard,

thank you once again for your instructions. OK I'll do the connection from my PC. But the bluetooth stack (just learned what this stands for) in XP doesn't work. There is no right clicking.

The Toshiba bluetoooth stack seems to work only on Toshiba notebooks. When I want to install it on my Windows run Macbook it wants to install Bluetooth drivers and asks to plug-in the bluetooth device, which of course it doesn't recognise.

For Widcomm it'
... See more
Hello Richard,

thank you once again for your instructions. OK I'll do the connection from my PC. But the bluetooth stack (just learned what this stands for) in XP doesn't work. There is no right clicking.

The Toshiba bluetoooth stack seems to work only on Toshiba notebooks. When I want to install it on my Windows run Macbook it wants to install Bluetooth drivers and asks to plug-in the bluetooth device, which of course it doesn't recognise.

For Widcomm it's the same, because I don't habe a jawbone profile.

Here somebody speaks of 4 hours of fiddling:

http://www.speechcomputing.com/node/1566

I am fiddling already more than two days.

Regards and thanks again

Noe

[Edited at 2007-10-18 17:50]
Collapse

Éric Cléach
Éric Cléach  Identity Verified
Francie
Člen (2005)
angličtina -> francouzština
AUTOR TÉMATU
Toshiba stack - Bluetooth sticks Oct 18, 2007

Hi Noe,

I am using the Toshiba stack on a standard desktop PC I have assembled myself, so it does not work only with Toshiba machines.

If I understand you correctly, your Mac computer has a built-in Bluetooth support, right?

Have you tried to use the Jawbone directly in Mac OS? If it works fine, I guess the problem lies in the drivers for your Bluetooth built-in device : the physical Apple device might not be compatible with any Win XP Bluetooth driver.... See more
Hi Noe,

I am using the Toshiba stack on a standard desktop PC I have assembled myself, so it does not work only with Toshiba machines.

If I understand you correctly, your Mac computer has a built-in Bluetooth support, right?

Have you tried to use the Jawbone directly in Mac OS? If it works fine, I guess the problem lies in the drivers for your Bluetooth built-in device : the physical Apple device might not be compatible with any Win XP Bluetooth driver.

If I were you, I would buy a 10 € USB Bluetooth stick (you'll get drivers for Windows with the stick) and try using this device instead of the built-in Apple Bluetooth device.

Hope it helps!

[Modifié le 2007-10-18 12:29]

[Modifié le 2007-10-18 13:57]
Collapse

Noe Tessmann
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
Macbook with Windows XP Oct 18, 2007

Hello Eric,

thank your for your kind answer. So everybody works with the Toshiba BT stack. I have a Macbook Pro but I am running Windows XP for the built-in Bluetooth device.

The XP stack doesn't work for me. In OSX it's worse, it doesn't even recognise the device. You're right I should go for a BT stick.

All the best

Noe

Noe Tessmann
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
WIDCOMM with changed .inf file did it Oct 19, 2007

Hello,

finally I managed to install it. It worked with the BT stack WIDCOMM and a hacked .inf file to recognize the BT device.

Instructions can be found here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=12293

Fially I got 25 in the "Audio Setup Wizard". Did you have the same results? There's not a real difference between noiseshield on or
... See more
Hello,

finally I managed to install it. It worked with the BT stack WIDCOMM and a hacked .inf file to recognize the BT device.

Instructions can be found here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=12293

Fially I got 25 in the "Audio Setup Wizard". Did you have the same results? There's not a real difference between noiseshield on or off. I don't work on the airport or near a railway track.

Once again thanks for your support

Regards

Noe
Collapse

Stran v tématu:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thinking about buying DNS9 but....

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »