Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:35
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

niemiecki > francuski
Oct 2, 2005

Hi all,

Trados 7.0.0.615/Word XP

I am familiar with the translation of footnotes with Trados and Word but encounter a new problem right now. Just after the footnote opened in a new Word window, I got a Visual Basic error message. The only thing I could do was to click OK.

When I then translated the FN and typed Alt + + to return to the main window, the sub-segment only closed and I can not return to the main Word window. I don't want to close the FN window
... See more
Hi all,

Trados 7.0.0.615/Word XP

I am familiar with the translation of footnotes with Trados and Word but encounter a new problem right now. Just after the footnote opened in a new Word window, I got a Visual Basic error message. The only thing I could do was to click OK.

When I then translated the FN and typed Alt + + to return to the main window, the sub-segment only closed and I can not return to the main Word window. I don't want to close the FN window manually, because I know it's a bad idea, but now I'm stuck with my 2 windows openedn and can not do anything. If I close the FN window, I won't have any Trados toolbar anymore in the main window and will have to edit my registry... so what to do ?

Any hint much appreciated... deadline tomorrow

Sylvain
Collapse

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:35
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

niemiecki > francuski
NOWY TEMAT
A solution Oct 2, 2005

Well, for info, I found a temporary solution by "playing around" with the last option described here : http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=762 (toggle the "Windows in taskbar" box in the View options of Word) and it worked perfectly. Great because of the tight deadline.
But this Visual Basic error is still a mystery to me.

Thanks again,
Sylvain

The e
... See more
Well, for info, I found a temporary solution by "playing around" with the last option described here : http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=762 (toggle the "Windows in taskbar" box in the View options of Word) and it worked perfectly. Great because of the tight deadline.
But this Visual Basic error is still a mystery to me.

Thanks again,
Sylvain

The exact message is "Microsoft Visual basic
Runtime error 5825
The object has been deleted"
or something similar.
I can only click "End".

It is a reccuring message in this document...

[Edited at 2005-10-02 14:21]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Footnotes again - Visual Basic error

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »