Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 17:06
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 8, 2005

I am using Trados (65.4.438 Build 439 with WordXP/WinXP) while translating from English into Arabic (source is left-to-right, target is right-to-left).

Occasionally, I find the first one or two letters lost from source paragraphs that have not been translated yet. When I replace the letters manually, everything seems to work, but I am worried about possible corruption of the file.

This happens more frequently with the paragraph that immediately follows the TU being tr
... See more
I am using Trados (65.4.438 Build 439 with WordXP/WinXP) while translating from English into Arabic (source is left-to-right, target is right-to-left).

Occasionally, I find the first one or two letters lost from source paragraphs that have not been translated yet. When I replace the letters manually, everything seems to work, but I am worried about possible corruption of the file.

This happens more frequently with the paragraph that immediately follows the TU being translated, but sometimes I see two paragraphs at once with dissapearing first characters.

Any idea what's going on.

Thanks,.

Alaa
Collapse

Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 16:06
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Same thing with me, in Wordfast Jan 17, 2005

I know it is not of much help to know that there are others with the same problem: I couldn't find out about the reason for that either. Anybody out there?

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:06
English to Polish
+ ...
Just guessing: different style? Jan 17, 2005

Eva Blanar wrote:

I know it is not of much help to know that there are others with the same problem: I couldn't find out about the reason for that either. Anybody out there?

Maybe the first character has a different style, e.g. tw4winExternal which was somehow made to look like normal text?

But I'm only guessing wildly...

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

first characters in a line occasionally dissappear

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »