Linda Montreuil
Linda Montreuil  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:57
French to English
Feb 9, 2008

Good morning,
I have recently installed Trados 2007 (8.2.0.835 (Build 835) and am
working with Office 2007 (I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP). Everything seems to
be loaded properly but when I use "Open/Get", I am getting an error message #450 (wrong number of arguments). If anyone knows how to get around this, I would really appreciate hearing about
it! I have troubleshot (?) just about every other issue that I have seen posted abut Word 2007/Trados 200
... See more
Good morning,
I have recently installed Trados 2007 (8.2.0.835 (Build 835) and am
working with Office 2007 (I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP). Everything seems to
be loaded properly but when I use "Open/Get", I am getting an error message #450 (wrong number of arguments). If anyone knows how to get around this, I would really appreciate hearing about
it! I have troubleshot (?) just about every other issue that I have seen posted abut Word 2007/Trados 2007
conflicts but this one has me stumped. Thank you. Linda
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 04:57
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
no idea, but ... Feb 9, 2008

...but when I use "Open/Get", I am getting an error message #450 (wrong number of arguments)....

Could be that MultiTerm (incompatible version) is causing the problem... Make sure you have it not involved for starters.

cfboyens (X)
cfboyens (X)
wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment Apr 10, 2008

Me too, I've got the same problem. Any solutions yet? Anybody, please!!!!!!

Ruchira Raychaudhuri
Ruchira Raychaudhuri  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
same problem on Dutch Office 2007 Sep 22, 2008

any news on this? is the only option reverting to word 2003??

TIA,
Ruchira

PS: i've followed the instructions as described on SLDX K.B. and installed the cumulative patch from microsoft.

[Edited at 2008-09-22 20:59]

Michele Lemieux-Madison (X)
Michele Lemieux-Madison (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:57
English to French
+ ...
Found a fix Apr 13, 2009

I don;t know if you could finally resolve your issue, but I had the same and found the solution in this support website.

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.0767388939857483

Of course, it took away the Trados toolbar from Word 2007, but that's in another topic.

Michele

Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
The problem could be with the toolbar itself May 29, 2009

I have just had the exact same problem and solved it like this:

Word automatically loads the TRADOS template (.dot) when it starts - this adds the TRADOS toolbar to the Word interface. If an older version of the template is still in the autostart folder, then this leads to a conflict.

If this sounds too complicated ...

Go to the location where automatically loaded templates are stored. On a Vista machine this is something like this (whereby "UserName" will
... See more

Word automatically loads the TRADOS template (.dot) when it starts - this adds the TRADOS toolbar to the Word interface. If an older version of the template is still in the autostart folder, then this leads to a conflict.

Go to the location where automatically loaded templates are stored. On a Vista machine this is something like this (whereby "UserName" will be the name of your user account):

C:\User\UserName\AppDate\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

If you see the following two files

trados7.dot
trados8.dot

Then that could be your problem. I just removed the older version (trados7.dot), restarted Word and - Hey Presto! - the problem was gone!

I hope this info helps others who may have the problem!

Best wishes,

Nick

[Edited at 2009-05-29 12:15 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try this... May 29, 2009

Hi all,

We have an article within the SDL knowledge base which should fix this issue. Please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2086&p=1

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

COMMANINE
COMMANINE
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 06:57
Arabic to English
+ ...
Thanks... Nov 8, 2009

Thank you Spootsolo, it is working

Susan Ruusunen
Susan Ruusunen  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:57
English to Finnish
+ ...
thanks for the solution Jun 8, 2010

Thanks all, I had the same problem with Vista Word & workbench cooperation, and it is finally solved!

Bora Taşdemir
Bora Taşdemir  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:57
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
wow, that worked! Jun 5, 2012

Nick Quaintmere wrote:

Go to the location where automatically loaded templates are stored. On a Vista machine this is something like this (whereby "UserName" will be the name of your user account):

C:\User\UserName\AppDate\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

If you see the following two files

trados7.dot
trados8.dot

Then that could be your problem. I just removed the older version (trados7.dot), restarted Word and - Hey Presto! - the problem was gone!

I hope this info helps others who may have the problem!

Best wishes,

Nick

[Edited at 2009-05-29 12:15 GMT]

You are god man! Thank you very much, i also forgot that i sopied older version's file to that location. It definitely worked after i did what you told here, so happy now =))

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 450 Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »