Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:15
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2008

I did not find anything about this in the SDL support site. If I re-install the whole XP operating system on my laptop, do I need to return the softkey license and get a new one? Or can I just copy the .lic-file to another computer or an external hard disk drive and copy it back to my laptop when I need to install Trados again?

[Edited at 2008-12-03 20:28 GMT]

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:15
French to Polish
+ ...
License file... Dec 3, 2008

Niina Lahokoski wrote:

I did not find anything about this in the SDL support site. If I re-install the whole XP operating system on my laptop, do I need to return the softkey license and get a new one?

No.

Or can I just copy the .lic-file to another computer or an external hard disk drive and copy it back to my laptop when I need to install Trados again?

Yes.

Cheers
GG

Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:15
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yep Dec 5, 2008

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2006 FL license and reinstalling Windows XP

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »